11/16/07

Youth, Politics and shameless self promotion

A few months back I spoke about young people and politics with Expression, the almuni magazine at Emerson College, my alma mater.

Here it is if you are interested.


"Corcoran, who has written for The Nation and the Boston Globe, sees the war as
"the defining factor for me becoming engaged in politics and world events" and
believes the same holds true for his peers. "I was a freshman in college when
the U.S. invaded Iraq in 2003, and it has no doubt shaped the way I look at the
world, and at U.S. policy." Corcoran adds, "It also taught me to be very
skeptical about what politicians tell us and what the media reports. I imagine
this is true for many young people who are in college at a time when a country
is stuck in an unpopular war."